Sunday 12 September 2021

Secret of Happiness - Story of Naisruddin Hoja

0 comments


"What is the secret of your happiness?" His friends asked Naisruddin Hoja.

"I and my wife never argue."  Nasruddin Hoja said boastingly.

"That is impossible!  I won't believe it!" said one.

"How is it possible for a husband and wife not to argue. That is a lie" asked another.

Hoja proudly said: "Why not? See, the day we got married, I proposed to her something and we agreed. Any matter of importance, I will make the decisions and she can make decisions on the silly and trivial matters"

"So what are these important and trivial matters?" one asked

Hoja answered: "The usual matters that happens in any household. For example, matters like which house to buy, what kind of a vehicle we should have,  what clothes we should wear, where to send the children, what business I should do and similar simple matters, my wife decides and that is final"

"And more serious matters..." Hoja continued: ".. like whether there is God or not, should we continue our war with Greece and other great and important matters, I take the decision and she never dares to question them. So our life is always smooth.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Books Lists